Search the forum,

Discuss Hi all new here looking at air water heat pumps which one is best and cheapest with i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the deacon

Hi, have been plumbing heating and drainage for 36 years self employed, i am building some holiday homes for my pension, as the last one vannished without trace,(pension that is )

my options are biomass oil lpg or air water source heat pumps, not geo thermal the pay back takes way too long, any way need advice on which units, why and also any general advice from someone who has been fitting any of this stuff, I know you need new build really to make it worth while.
which is lucky cos that what i am doing. also controls operating the heat pump.

Basically any helpfull info would be great.

Oh once i have my holiday homes making money I intend to hang up my footprints for good.

Regards Steve

Re: Hi all new here looking at air water heat pumps which one is best and cheapest wi

We have been installing the Daikin air to water heat pump for over 3 years. Very good units and as they come as a split unit you have a lot of flexibility on siting the outdoor unit.
Good back up from Daikin as you would expect from such a big company.
Inverter driven so efficiency is very good.
They only sell to approved installers so you would have to go on their training course.
The wiring of them is fairly complicated so you need a good controls man to wire them up.
Units go up to 16Kw. they also do a high temperature heat pump that goes up to 80Deg.
Installed several HT units and they are very impressive.

Re: Hi all new here looking at air water heat pumps which one is best and cheapest wi

Hi Steve,
how is your sys working, i just installed the dalkin altherma HT 16kw and i have installed 4KW of pv solar, The only thing that encouraged me to go this deap financially speaking was that there is a 20 year FIT and annual payments from the Gov for going Carbon Free or as close as it is possible.

Regards

Alex

Why ht, I'd never personally go that way, I've found you can replace all rads and run at 50c max for the same a ht unit will cost over a lt unit

mitsi ecodan! 1 x outdoor unit - doesnt look hidious and inside 1x unit roughly the size of a fridge, with the hot water and buffer tank built in. all u need electrically is 32amp supply to outside 1 x 5 amp for controls inside and 2 x 16amp supply for 2 back up immersers. fit these in a day and half doddle!! the kit comes with everything u need except the pipework :p fitted loads and all good feed back!

Me too, I have a Daikin Altherma air source heat pump. Very impressed, with performance and economy. Would deffinately not consider LPG or oil in comparison, Biomass maybe, but they are labour intensive and very expensive. Winding the clock back a few years, I never thought I would be saying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi all new here looking at air water heat pumps which one is best and cheapest with i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock