Search the forum,

Discuss Help with Sizing a Tank Water Heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
We are trying to size a water heater with tank for a dormitory toilets, laundry and public showers. Kindly let me know what will be the best way to get about doing this? Following are the equipment that will be utilizing the water heaters,

Area Equipment QTY
Bar Kitchen Single Tap Sink 1
Bar counter Spray washer 2
Swimming Pool Toilets Washbasin 6
Showers 6
Salon Hair Wash 1
Normal Sink 1
Foot Spa 2
Dormitory Showers 10
Washbasin 12
Dormitory Kitchen Washbasin 2
Dishwasher 1
Dormitory Laundry Washer 4

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/help-with-sizing-a-tank-water-heater.487811/#ixzz4qljk9Bzk

TBH you need the services of a commercial gas safe engy who holds the unvented qualification as well

• Informative
Reactions: DJB
Good

Have a word with a good spark to see what the limit load (max load) for the unvented cylinder

Do you know your incoming flow and pressure (mains cold water)

Both the flowrate and pressures are adjustable as we have large water storage tanks which can provide water to the water heater through the water pumps.

Backstory:
We have an existing electric water heater that is leaking and needs to be replaced. It is a 400 gallon tank heater with 90kw power. We think this is an overkill for the job. So we want to purchase a properly sized heater for the job.

That's the set up I was looking for :)

Your looking 600 l min

Megaflow commercial you want re heat under an hour tbh

Backstory:
We have an existing electric water heater that is leaking and needs to be replaced. It is a 400 gallon tank heater with 90kw power. We think this is an overkill for the job. So we want to purchase a properly sized heater for the job.

You sure that's not litres ?

As 900 gallon is over 4000 l

Backstory:

It's been sized to reheat in one hour or, equivalently, satisfy demand of up to 400 gallon/hour at 60°C.

If all ten showers are expected to be in use simultaneously at peak times it's probably about right. If the showers use 10 litre per minute each that's 100 litre / min of water at 40°C demand, say 60 litre / minute or 800 gallons/hour of HW.

Why do you think 90kW is 'overkill' ? It looks about right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with Sizing a Tank Water Heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock