Help with setting my Boss Therm BPS242RF

Discussion in 'Central Heating Forum' started by Kaz65, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaz65

Kaz65 New Member

Hi, I have recently had a new boiler installed and they have fitted me with a Boss Therm BPS242RF. I have set the timer to come on and off twice a day. This bit is working fine but for some reason the boiler is turning it self on inbetween the times how do I stop this as I only want it coming on morning and night and not on and off all day.

Thank you. :smile5:

2. mountainman

mountainman Plumbers Arms member

Call back the installers and get them to sort it out for you.

3. Kaz65

Kaz65 New Member

The Installer was a friend I have had him back tonight, Unfortunately hes not installed this one before. The one he wanted they had sold out of and was recommend this one. So its got us both baffled.

4. stevetheplumber

stevetheplumber UK Plumbersforums Trusted Advisor.

probably a pre heat check the operating instructions

5. tamz

tamz UK Plumbersforums Trusted Advisor.

Boss BPS242 aka Siemens RDJ10. At first sight it seems a decent easy to set stat but in reality it is a nightmare for playing up. They constantly loose their signal showing battery low (they are fine). I can guarantee you will bin it soon.

Anyway. Drop the daytime temperature to around 12ยบ or lower and it will stay off.

6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

How to put it on auto time

7. village idiot

village idiot New Member

How I keep hoping the FORUM 'Powers That Be' will one day decide that any Unregistered Guest should be just that: An Unregistered Guest, and in effect not be allowed to post till they feel the need to register.

8. croppie

croppie Forum Thug

Thread now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.