Search the forum,

Discuss Help with pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

timfearn

I have a Potterton Netaheat Profile 50e boiler, and the circulation pump appears to have got stuck due to the heating not being used since March/April time. The upstairs rads are hot, but not the downstairs, and the boiler is only coming on for short bursts, so I'm pretty sure it's the pump.

I've removed the facia plate from the boiler, located the pump and I know I need to check if the impeller is turning or not. There's a plate on the front of the pump with a pretty large screw in it - do I take this off to get access to the impeller? And do I need to keep the power on while doing this so I can make sure it actually works? I assume so....

Any help or step-by-step instructions on what to do next would be much appreciated as I'm a complete novice with boilers!

Hi - it's smack in the middle of the lower part of the boiler, right next to the circuit boards.

Word of advice Tim - don't touch that big screw until you've posted the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock