Discuss Help with oil combustion settings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

When I was setting up I ran the boiler with the solenoid connection off and photocell out so I could flush out any air in pipework before coil is connected. So effectively the pump just circulating the same oil round from the pump to the tiger loop in a constant loop and not drawing in any new oil as coil is not is not sending any to nozzle.
On one occasion while trying to figure out where this 2 min bubble was coming from I switched the burner on but had left the isolator near the fire valve on the supply line before the tiger loop closed. Instantly there was loads of air filling the clear suction line...?.
I opened the isolator and the air started to clear the hose filling back up with oil..
Surely with the oil just circulating pump- tigerloop - pump and coil not connected there was no additional oil drawn into the loop, then having the isolator before the tigerloop open or closed should not make a difference...??

Was the tiger loop completely full? As in top chamber full? I doubt it based on your description.
With that isolation valve closed you would experience a hard vacuum which as I said above can cause gases to be extracted to be pull from the solution, hence why I asked about a vacuum test.
A vacuum test enables you to see the sorts of pressure on the suction line.

Vaccum test from pump just under 0.1bar . On switch off drops a fraction and holds
I also removed both suction and return lines from the tiger loop and pressure tested to pump at 2 bar and no leaks.
Changed the suction line connection at the tiger loop as no inserts and the isolation valve on the suction line.
Reconnected and flushed air from lines. Fired up boiler and 2 min later small bubble popping up from return. .....!
Boiler is running fine and good combustion results.

Attachments

• 20220316_114852.jpg
    20220316_114852.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 8

Reply to Help with oil combustion settings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock