Discuss Help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TanyaAtkins

Hello

I am a total novice, so apologies in advance. My Dad is here who is doing the work so I'm not doing this alone.

I have 6 radiators and a stand alone boiler, it's about 15 yrs old.

The radiator in my front room hasn't had any heat for a couple of weeks, so we decided to drain it. By doing so I think we've created a block in the system.
We ended up draining the whole system down and refilled.

Boiler fires up ok and the pump sounds like it's working fine, only 1 radiator got hot.

This morning the boiler fires up and then stops, it's not getting hot, where as yesterday, the boiler was getting red hot.

I would really appreciate any advice and guidance.

Many thanks in advance.
Tanya

With pump and boiler turned off, bleed air from all radiators, the pump and any high points in the system where bleed valves have been positioned. Having established water at all points, close and restart heating.

It's a Danesmoor 20 25.

We've done what you said Joni os.

We're now in the middle of a power flush - watch this space.

Thanks

We're not having much luck. Seems there might be a block in the boiler???

Little red button under control panel at top of boiler. But get all the air out.

Little red button under control panel at top of boiler. But get all the air out.

There is no control panel on this boiler 20151213_140208.jpg

The white panel at the top with the grey thermostat knob. Under that. In fact if you see the red arrow sticker on the foil insulation pointing up tells you where.

Do I see push fit connected directly to the boiler ;)

and nice flexy blue oil line

Last edited:
old solder fire valve connected by copper coated in blue plastic is what I can see, but I have glasses :) however the flexi should be joined to copper in the boiler housing if we are being pedantic :) Not sure why you need a stanley knife to bleed a boiler though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock