Search the forum,

Discuss Help please?????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mahshid_roberts

i live in a 12 year old house with the original central heating system. about a years ago i had my central heating serviced, now one of the radiators takes 2 hours to worm up after the heating has been turn on. i have tried to bleed the radiator but no luck, can anyone help????????????

hi the radiator is downstair in the kitchen and so is the boiler.

could be blocked feed or weak pump if u have a standard system. or weak pump otherwise. that is with the information given. go and check what setting the pump is on

If the feeds from your boiler go up to the ceiling and the downstairs radiators are fed from above then it could just be airlocked. Try turning off all the radiators except the one that doesn't work and see what that does. Make sure that you run the central heating with0out the hot water.

On a 12 year old house I wouldn't mind betting that when the system was installed it was done with the usual care that is generally taken on new build. It was probably fitted with the 4 F philosophy. Fit it, fill it, fire it, F ***.

I would give money on it being sludged up. Probably on drops and very likely microbore behind the dot and dab plasterboard. Last one i had like that was a rad off job and hose on the rad valve to clear it after a full powerflush.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please?????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock