Discuss Help please – new boiler installation problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kalozo

Hi,

I have just had a Remeha 30V installed on an open system. The system was working perfectly prior to the new boiler being fitted apart from a corroded heat exchanger. The installers were recommended by Remeha.

The job took over a week during which we had no hot water or heating when originally estimated at 1 day. On completion of the job I now have two issues that I am having problems resolving with the installer and would like some advice.

1) Wiring – the room stat light is now permanently on even when the heating is switched off. When I switch the hot water on the room stat light goes out. This definitely doesn’t sound right to me? There have been multiple attempts at the wiring…

2) Cold radiators – I now have 4 cold radiators in the system. The installer is refusing to believe that they used to get hot and has stated the only way to resolve is fitting a larger 15/60 pump. I have 16 radiators. I struggle to understand why the old pump is no longer big enough unless there is a new restriction in the pipework, an airlock or balancing issue?

I would really welcome any advice on how to tackle the two issues and resolve with the installer as we have reached an impasse – he will only accept me paying for the new pump and for him to have another attempt at the wiring. I have run out of confidence…

Thanks,
Chris

system might just need ballancing, if not bigger pump, you paying? not happy.
He sorts the wiring out at his expance!
Have you payed him for the job? A week to do a days work sounds dodgie.
If you have not payed him get the man of the boiler out to make sure it is working OK and in right.
if OK give him one last chance to fix it, if he can not get some one in who can and take it off his money

system might just need ballancing, if not bigger pump, you paying? not happy.
He sorts the wiring out at his expance!
Have you payed him for the job? A week to do a days work sounds dodgie.
If you have not payed him get the man of the boiler out to make sure it is working OK and in right.
if OK give him one last chance to fix it, if he can not get some one in who can and take it off his money

Sounds like system needs balancing from what's been said,

did he change all the radiators valves on all the rads ! if so he will need to balance the system as just been mention ! Is installers duty to leave house and boiler with all controls working correctly ! Sorry to hear you had a such a bad experience with your remeha plumber !

What does it say on the benchmark sheet under flow and return temperature?

Thanks for the responses and apologies for the delay...

TRVs were fitted by a different engineer in March. All radiators got hot with the old boiler after fitting the new TRVs.

Boiler installer claims to have balanced the system.

The flow temp is 43'C and return 42'C.

I can force hot water to the radiators that aren't working by closing the TRVs around the rest of the house.

Thanks,
Chris

Those are very strange figures; they imply that the water is travelling so fast through the system that virtually no heat is being given off. Of course this could be due to the warm weather.

What was the weather like when the boiler was installed? Balancing would be virtually impossible to do with those water temperatures.

A 30V seems very large, even for 16 rads. What was the old boiler?

The wiring is definitely wrong. Can you give more information about the system - what other components are there, apart from the boiler and pump?

Last edited:
Is that what you measure, or what it says on the benchmark sheet?

I can force hot water to the radiators that aren't working by closing the TRVs around the rest of the house.
He didn't balance the system; not surprising for somebody who quotes one day for installing a boiler.

The original boiler was 26kw. I had three quotes and all installers quoted the 30V.

43 and 42 are from the benchmark sheet that the installer hand filled in. Weather on install was average 16-18'C kind of days. What would normal temperatures lool like?

The system is as follows:

1) Honeywell 3 way diverter valve
2) Grundfos 15-50 pump
3) Honeywell room stat
4) TRVs on all rad except 2 - one in hall where room stat is located and one small radiator in lounge used to provide background heat

There are 16 rads. The ones that aren't heating up are in an extension that was built about 7-8 years ago before we bought the house.

Installer is coming back today at 2pm to look at wiring and fit larger pump. We had reached an impasse on the pump and this was my only way forward. I haven't paid him for anything yet. So any suggestions/questions to ask him would be appreciated.

sounds like the bypass is fully open if there the correct temp from flow and return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help please – new boiler installation problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock