Discuss Help on pipework from boiler to manifold. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I need some advice. Can anyone tell me if this installation is done correctly? We had a plumber who installed the UFH. Then couple of weeks later different plumber came to do boiler service. Straight away said that the pipe work is wrong. I don't have any knowledge on this so I would be grateful for any second opinion.
20220405_085225.jpg
20220405_085302.jpg

Mixing valve wrongly connected
Top connection should be flow the one on left return .
All very clear in polypipe installation guide.
Needs altering.
Bear in mind, the pump is installed upside-down. We had the manifold connected in that way originally but we couldn't see the water flow indicators moving at all, seemed to be bushed by water. So we asked this to be swapped. Now we can see clearly the flow of the water. However, we were told by another plumber that the copper pipe work is wrong. As it is connected in a way that the water flows in opposite direction??? And the white danfos valve is fitted wrong place too.

Yes copper pipework is wrong! Motorised valve should be on flow which should be then connected on top connection.
Put pump back in correctly as I said follow manufacturers instructions!
Currently you have no come back at polypipe and no guarantee as its incorrectly installed.

Yes copper pipework is wrong! Motorised valve should be on flow which should be then connected on top connection.
Put pump back in correctly as I said follow manufacturers instructions!
Currently you have no come back at polypipe and no guarantee as its incorrectly installed.
Thank you for your reply. It's in line with what the other plumber said to. I'm devastated as I paid over £1000 for the connection and correcting it is gonna cost me £900.

Zone valve can go on the return aslong as it’s inline with the flow makes no difference

Also “So we asked this to be swapped. Now we can see clearly the flow of the water.” So you can’t really blame the plumber as it was piped up correctly first

Zone valve can go on the return aslong as it’s inline with the flow makes no difference

Also “So we asked this to be swapped. Now we can see clearly the flow of the water.” So you can’t really blame the plumber as it was piped up correctly first
Well, it had to be wrong because previously all the red indicators were showing 0 L/min on all zones all the time when heating was on. And I understandthat that the manifoldis designedto indicatethe flow.So, now, we can see the flow, for example on one zone showes 1 L/min on other is 2 L/min. So how it can indicate the flow now and not before change? Don't understand that.

Well, it had to be wrong because previously all the red indicators were showing 0 L/min on all zones all the time when heating was on. And I understandthat that the manifoldis designedto indicatethe flow.So, now, we can see the flow, for example on one zone showes 1 L/min on other is 2 L/min. So how it can indicate the flow now and not before change? Don't understand that.
Could it be that the pipe work above mixing valveis wrong ?

Was the hot pipe originally connected to the to the right pipe eg same one as the other zone valve was on

Was the hot pipe originally connected to the to the right pipe eg same one as the other zone valve was on
If you mean the copper pipes then all was connected as it showes on the pictures. We only asked to change the position of actuators and flow indicators. Originally the actuators were on the bottom and flow indicators on the top and the flow indicators were pushed to the top all the time. After change it showes the flow but apparently it is still wrong. So I assume it is the copper pipe work wrong with placing the white brushed port zone steel valve placed wrongly and the copper piper are connected to wrong places at mixing valve.

Reply to Help on pipework from boiler to manifold. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or UFH but hopefully I’m posting this in the correct group. I’m in the throes of a full...
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have underfloor heating on a couple of levels in our house. One floor was not heating and I asked advice from a plumber we have used...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm looking at the different pipes for UFH, the prices vary a lot and I'm not sure about the differences between the products. I'm doing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock