Search the forum,

Discuss Help. Oftec engineer did not register my boiler installation in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

W

Worried vendor

Help. I am trying to sell my house and just discovered from local searches that my plumber - who WAS Oftec registered when he installed the boiler did not register it!! 😡.
He is no longer oftec registered and having spoken to oftec myself on Friday, they said the only option I have is to contact the labc. I pressume this would be to obtain regularisation building regs?
What options do I have?
Do I have any comeback on oftec because their ‘competent’ engineer did not do his job properly? (Although the boiler works fine I have to say)
Can I get another oftec engineer in to certify someone else’s work and get it registered that way?
Do I just get a safety check done by oftec engineer and buy an indemnity policy re buildings regs?
Or finally, can an oftec engineer uninstall and reinstall the boiler so he can self certify the installation and get registered properly?
I am so furious as used an oftec registered engineer and am now in this predicament!! 😡.
Ant help or guidance gratefully appreciated. J

Most will just require a safety cert to confirm safe but depends how much of a pita the other solicitor/ Buyers want off they may use that

Most will just require a safety cert to confirm safe but depends how much of a pita the other solicitor/ Buyers want off they may use that

Thanks for reply. Tbh I don’t think they’ll want to try and negotiate, I just want to get it sorted for them. I’d want it sorting if I was buying.
I just don’t understand why oftec won’t help when he was registered with them and I have all the cd10 and cd11 at time of installation but he ‘thought it had been notified’ when in fact it hadn’t. As a normal customer I didn’t know I needed all these certificates. I was relying on my oftec engineer to do whatever it is that’s needed.
If I was to have it uninstalled and reinstalled so it can be properly registered, is this cust likely to be higher than an indemnity and safety check?

Reply to Help. Oftec engineer did not register my boiler installation in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In each case he just drilled a hole in the pipe, and stuck the condensate in the side, smeared glue everywhere. No boss, or branch. Is this allowed, is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the boiler running again. The only reason it has not been used i so long is the the zone valve kept getting stuck (would have fixed this myself if i knew!)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock