Search the forum,

Discuss Help link ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys had a phone call from these people couple of days back about maybe working for them, ask'd how long it would take to install a full heating system with 2 men ! told him about a week, His reply you need to do it in 2 days to make it pay. Boiler change 1 man - 1 day ! ask'd him what is the call back rate on these quick installs ? reply we have a team that covers this : Makes you wounder how some of these installs are being left ? are they even being fitted right ? Sounds like another Warm-Front Co just chuck it in, They seem to be praying on people who are on a low income with there £17.00 a Mth payments ! will these people still be around when things pick up ? Told me their fitters are on good money and have loads of work ! Has any one had any dealings with them or seen any of their installs ? Are Worcester involved with them ? they only seem to fit their boilers !

Hi guys had a phone call from these people couple of days back about maybe working for them, ask'd how long it would take to install a full heating system with 2 men ! told him about a week, His reply you need to do it in 2 days to make it pay. Boiler change 1 man - 1 day ! ask'd him what is the call back rate on these quick installs ? reply we have a team that covers this : Makes you wounder how some of these installs are being left ? are they even being fitted right ? Sounds like another Warm-Front Co just chuck it in, They seem to be praying on people who are on a low income with there £17.00 a Mth payments ! will these people still be around when things pick up ? Told me their fitters are on good money and have loads of work ! Has any one had any dealings with them or seen any of their installs ? Are Worcester involved with them ? they only seem to fit their boilers !

If you'd ever seen a helplink install, you would understand how they do it. Terrible quality installs, lads paid peanuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well. If there was one or small two bedroom flat, it could be done.

Their fine as long as you don't mind driving miles in your own time, working 14 hour days and having to supply all of your own tools. They're like a worse version of eagaheat.

i worked for them up till yesterday 27/11/12 . ive never worked for such a terrible firm in my working life , travel 100 miles to get to a job only for the saleman , (surveryer) !! to have ordered wrong materials , not enough materials to complete the job , and the office staff , haha laugh-able .. i really dont no how they are still trading , i wouldnt recommend them to anyone

hello i am new to this site and need some advise. i have been offered a sub contract job today with helplink. They have told me they is loads of work in my area and it seems to be well paid too. The thing is i would be leaving a full time paid job of 5 years , does anyone work for them and can tell me if what i have been told is true

Sometimes the grass is no greener on the other side.
Read the post above. Stuff like that will kill your money.

Sometimes the grass is no greener on the other side.
Read the post above. Stuff like that will kill your money.

Spot on. One of my mates is contractor like myself and left a contract he had been on for 18 months (which did not look like ending) to work for help link. The money seems good, but they don't tell you that "your area" is a third if the country, so the money turns bad when you factor in travel time, they gave my mate a van and even though he was doing 800/900 quid a week, if you divide that by the amount of hours worked you may as well work in sainsburys.

Stay where you are mate

Greedy middle men who rely on skilled intermediaries ( us ) to make their coin. Unless desperate for experience stay where you are and earn honest money.

A couple of guys i know doing installs got involved in what they were calling the big transfer between 2 rival firms. They are very good at what they do and fast. Over a period of weeks the rates they were being offered was being upped almost daily.
They chose the bigger bidder who they had never worked for before, working 80 miles away doing Ecodans with hydroboxes and 9 rads including the F gas. 4 a week and pick up any snagging on the friday. Yes the money was good but they were up at 6 and home at 10.
After about 3 months of it they had had enough and went to the other firm doing local stuff for much less than was offered before.

Yer same old same old. Don't get nothing for nothing. If you have pride in your work. you charge fair, work hard and do a quality job. That don't fit with some multi national companies; resonable pay if you kill your self doing a rubbish job.

hi jtsplumbing . Late reply but il keep it short and sweet . I work for help link as a heating engineer . Help link was last years biggest boiler installation company beating the likes of British gas .. As for your comment . Do these guys actually install them properly . The answer is yes . We do . Help-link whilst not advertised much do work for n power and British gas them selves contact us to do their work . The prices the engineers are on vary on what jobs you get . I work In a 2 man team . We both earn .. Let's just say enough to live very comfortably . Your pay is based on units .. So 1 unit is 1 day .. When they give you 1 unit for a boiler change. This is a straight combi swap with no pump upgrade or extended gas run needed etc . It takes half a day to do . Help-link surveys are done to perfection and I can assure you I've had no issues what so ever .. For any one reading this . I would recommend for you to work for help-link they are a great company they pay well and look after their engineers

Really. Seen a few help stink jobs in tyne & wear one competed by a very young man was of tragic quality. Vertical flue was less than vertical and don't know how u flush and install a combi in under 4 hours? We can do a combi swap in 45mins - 105 to duotec or isar to logic but we leave it to flush for a week. Sure u boys never go back or flush properly!

I live in west yorks which is where help link started up and tbh I have seen some horrendous help link jobs.
not recently I must admit .

Here's a recent help link job. Installed properly image.jpg

help link.jpg
I'm not gas safe but even i know the blow off should run down hill all the way, this was a help link job
help link 1.jpg
does this rad look a bit to big for there?

They are a rough shower (edited version of words) but people paying £17 or is it £19/month or whatever, wouldn't know good workmanship from a kick in the balls and if they do well its less than the price of a newspaper and it heats the house.
Btw i bet Johnny Ball never had his heating done by Helplink :wink:

What the odds of heat instal being help link marketing/recruitment dept.

hi jtsplumbing . Late reply but il keep it short and sweet . I work for help link as a heating engineer . Help link was last years biggest boiler installation company beating the likes of British gas .. As for your comment . Do these guys actually install them properly . The answer is yes . We do . Help-link whilst not advertised much do work for n power and British gas them selves contact us to do their work . The prices the engineers are on vary on what jobs you get . I work In a 2 man team . We both earn .. Let's just say enough to live very comfortably . Your pay is based on units .. So 1 unit is 1 day .. When they give you 1 unit for a boiler change. This is a straight combi swap with no pump upgrade or extended gas run needed etc . It takes half a day to do . Help-link surveys are done to perfection and I can assure you I've had no issues what so ever .. For any one reading this . I would recommend for you to work for help-link they are a great company they pay well and look after their engineers

Pump upgrade on a combi swap FFS !

Meant to add or heat only before that pump upgrade comment .. To confused as to why so many people are slagging help link of when in actual fact they are strict as anything when it comes to good quality work . I also am not a office worker for help link I am in fact one of the engineers yours slagging off �� bare with me while I upload some of our areas installs .

Just catching up with some of the replies ! Wonder if our friend from Heat Instal would like to comment on the photo's that have been sent in !! Are they flushing the systems, and is he prepared to tell us what 2 men get paid for changing a combi in half a day ??

Hey its Johny Ball,thought you were to old to be doing installs mate,but can you send me 'Zoe's' number ,had a 'thing' about her..

Meant to add or heat only before that pump upgrade comment .. To confused as to why so many people are slagging help link of when in actual fact they are strict as anything when it comes to good quality work . I also am not a office worker for help link I am in fact one of the engineers yours slagging off �� bare with me while I upload some of our areas installs .

Pop the photos straight into the hall of shame :rofl: Just kidding. Whilst your work might be impeccable you can't vouch for the quality of the entire companies work. I have been to a couple of help link jobs that have been left in an awful state.

Haha, there's no chance he works for helplink, not as a fitter at least. Anyone who's ever been in cas plumb centre on a Monday knows all the lads are constantly moaning about the surveys being shyte.

They're a joke.

A friend of mine had help link in about twenty weeks ago, and nineteen, and eighteen, and seventeen, can you see where I'm going with this?

He asked me to take a look, told him no point, he has a 10 year warranty and I'm not gsr. But I did advise him that the condensate really shouldnt come out the gable wall in 21.5mm plastic and be siliconed straight into his cast iron down pipe.

all surveyors on these firms are shyte their actually salesmen with a one day course in surveys and a tick box sheet

Still waiting for all these photo's that Heat-Instal promised ! Maybe camera's not working

Last edited:
Just highlights deficiency in quality control. Most of the drive is about banging the jobs out to optimise profit, not about how it looks and what the customer is left with.

Here's a recent help link job. Installed properlyView attachment 19998

At least he can solder,unlike my man in the private forum ! Is that a fruit bowl?

Of course the answer is to be an office wallah or surveyor/salesperson for help link. I suspect you will make some money but more importantly, have some respect,go home at 5pm and not have to flog your tripe out and be exploited like their toolbags may be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help link ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install to radiators being fitted and therefore able to comission the system. Our plumber is now employed elsewhere and unfortunately unable to complete this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
My plumber fitted a shower, 2 of the walls are glass panels and one is a tile board (wedi board). He joint the wedi board pieces (3 pieces) close to each other but didn't use any joint sealant. When I asked him whether this will be an issue for future leaks he dismissed it. How worried should I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Big gas noob here. We got a gas cooker installed a few days ago, and the gas cooker is now sitting quite far away from the wall (3cm which sounds like not much but throws the balance off of the kitchen), which means there's a large gap now between the cooker and the wall, but it now...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock