Search the forum,

Discuss Help identifying push fit fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mejmag

Gas Engineer
Hi guys.

I need help identifying a push fit fitting. Stupidly didn't take any pics as was in a rush and didn't think at the time. But someone will know what I talking about.

I replaced a 10mm speedfit stem elbow that had split right at the 90deg bend. Undid the 10mm pipe from the female end of stem elbow no probs. But the stem end went into an elbow in the wall beneath the radiator, and to release the stem I unscrewd the elbow in the wall and pulled the stem out. Problem was that the "gubbings" of the elbow in the wall were still on the stem, I couldn't remove them to put on the new stem because a copper grab ring prevented me from doing so. I managed to snip the old stem to bits and gently removed the copper grab ring, o-ring and blue ring without deforming and re used on new stem. But to make it quicker in the future I would arrive with one of these elbows and just use its innards on the new stem.

I tried looking on the web at speedfit, floplast and hep20 websites but I can't seem to find it.
Here is a link to a pic of the stem elbow I used.

https://www.cityplumbing.co.uk/Speedfit-Pem221010W-Stem-Elbow-10mm/p/876936

Greatly appreciate if anyone whose seen what I'm talking about could tell me what it is.

Thank you.

Sounds a bit like the original demountable hep2o fitting in the wall.

I think that might be it. It had a copper grab ring and a copper washer inside it.

No more like a stainless grab ring, a rubber o ring and then a plastic flat washer can't remember blue or white.

Yea, the washer was blue. That must be it then. Could I have removed it with a 10mm hep2 key then? If so I'll get one, make it much quicker next time, and save slicing my thumb open on the grab ring.

Cheers stani.

No the key is for the new ones, the old ones you had to buy new grab rings, not too sure if they are still available, probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help identifying push fit fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock