Search the forum,

Discuss Help from a break down guru with potterton kingfisher mf 80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemda1

Gas Engineer
hia guys,

Called out to a king fisher this evening hoping someone can help.

Problem:
Boiler not firing.

On arrival found redlight on reset called for heat. Fan engaged but no ignition. Took cover off tested for 240v between live and switch - ok. Called for heat again fan and pump engaged boiler fired nice blue flame for 10 mins.
Put cover back on, retested but again no ignition however fan still running. Pried cover open slightly then boiler fires and stayed on.
I'm think it's an air flow issue but looking for advise as to how to narrow it down.
Venturi or APS or Fan?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

will it run with the cover off if yes you have a blockage in the air side of the flue

will it run with the cover off if yes you have a blockage in the air side of the flue
hia shaun,

thanks for the reply,
yes it only runs with the cover off. can you be a little more specific regarding where the blockage may be... it's an open vented system so when you say air side of the flu do you mean the inlet via venturi? or inlet vents at the top of the boiler where the flu is? sorry new to this fault finding malarky and this is the first open vented system ive worked on...

Are these the ones with the flue stat?
had a look at the manual cant see a flue stat but there is a ttb stat/interuptor.. but i think these detect incomplete combustion...given it runs fine with the cover off dont think this would be the cause

hia shaun,

thanks for the reply,
yes it only runs with the cover off. can you be a little more specific regarding where the blockage may be... it's an open vented system so when you say air side of the flu do you mean the inlet via venturi? or inlet vents at the top of the boiler where the flu is? sorry new to this fault finding malarky and this is the first open vented system ive worked on...

Flue, check the air side of the flue is clear then move to other things like fan rpm etc

Clean the Venturi on the fan, check flue integrity, check fan blades are clean, check fan speed, test APS.

Fan running slow, venturi blocked, APS is failing or an air supply problem with the flue.

Clean Fan Blades and venturi - tiny barnacle like residue will stop operation socarbon strips are good for this. Ensure fan turns smoothly. Check APS tubes for wear/ cracks. Heat exchanger clear? If all well and it fails it'll be APS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help from a break down guru with potterton kingfisher mf 80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock