Search the forum,

Discuss Help finding gold sink taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

payney1974

Gas Engineer
Hi,

Are gold sink taps officially extinct? I need to replace a set of single hole sink taps. they have to be:

1) gold
2) outlet for filtered water
3) traditional (victorian or similar)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

definitely gold or are they brass plated? Gold is a very, very thin finish and very expensive.

If they have the money you can always send a set to be bespoke plated in a gold finish, again it isn't cheap

definitely gold or are they brass plated? Gold is a very, very thin finish and very expensive.

If they have the money you can always send a set to be bespoke plated in a gold finish, again it isn't cheap

Plumbfix bud they still have them here you go

Attachments

• 1488892193042.jpg
    1488892193042.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 82
Bristan do several different types, have a look at their website :)

i bought some Bristan 24ct ones for the effin law a couple of years ago.

just get std and get them plated!
wasnt there a guy once who gold plated everything with a little machine, mobile phones and such like?
might be cheaper!

Ok so it looks like an impossible job! Anyone ever had a set of taps restored? (These taps were over ÂŁ500 when new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help finding gold sink taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock