Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Help diagnosing a short cycling Ideal Icos HE24 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/c...help-diagnosing-short-cycling-ideal-icos.html

Just a little update for you guys, went out today, nice little drive

You were right aw and riley :D

D2 all the way in 15mm until under the floor i hope, and no way im going to mess with that unless he really wants a bill, as it runs behind cylinder straight down, so cylinder needs to come out and dont know whats in the floor :dizzy2:

Short cycling only happens when just one or two zones on the under floor are on, doesnt short when any of the single heating zones are on eg 1st floor, 2nd floor/ hot water etc so put it down to boiler not modulating enough

Anyone know if the icos he modulates? as i dont think it does well not much if it does

Found another problem while i was there got 4 under floor zones (7 circuits 2 singles loops and 1 dual and 1 tripple) the tripple loop doesnt turn the pump on / zone valve so faulty controller, fine if you have another loop on but doesnt work on its own :rolleyes2:

any questions / thoughts please add

Could the thermostatic blending valve on the ufh be sticking? If there's no bypass this will cause the prob.

Could the thermostatic blending valve on the ufh be sticking? If there's no bypass this will cause the prob.

nope all good and no bypass on uf but theres one on the main f and r

bypass req maybe?

dont think it will require on on the uf ? but opened the main one an extra 1/4 of a turn just incase

Hang on, an I so that's an Icos working. Am I reading this right?

Last edited:
I've re done my post. Ideal icos boilers rarely work!

:D for now and good readings tbh

ratio of .0002 and 37 ppm

but tbh it was rebuilt with new parts from ideal about 4-5 years ago :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help diagnosing a short cycling Ideal Icos HE24 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock