Discuss HELP -Can not locate inspection Cover? Blockage in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Well rang my Council Building control as Planning Dep it's nothing to do with them.

They states they have no idea and can not even check and and stated get a company in to do a survey/camera's etc and hung up on me!

How can they do a 'survey' when next doors either side are not linked all flow away from houses/not parallel, pus there is no access point other than drilling into the soil downpipe and that has two 45 deg just as it enters a raised slab of concrete.

This is an absolute nightmare, can anyone PLEASE advise on my next step, i've spoke to a guy who unblocks drains and he stated if there is no planning and the manhole is inside the extension they have rights to take the whole extension down!!!

Or are there companies who can map it out somehow just by drilling the into the downpipe and somehow make a plan with some sort of radar device that locates it route??

I'm at my whit's end here.....

UPDATE -

Anyway i have found the manhole after speaking to guy who laid the floor several years ago, he vaguely remembered seeing an outline of an inspection cover.

Do i just contact Welsh Water now? They only charge £86+VAT, or do i go private at £150-£250 as i could not find any plans and it's inside .

It's literally only 3m from gate/lane to manhole and through a fully opening tilt/turn window.

Is it safe to contact WW or do i go private?

I am also shocked to see the way the downstairs flat is entering it, 1100mm with elbow and 32mm waste just entering and sunk in concrete!

Thanks

Drains Description.jpgIMG_8228.jpgIMG_8230.jpgIMG_8237.jpgIMG_8242.jpg

The question mark is rodding access for an interceptor trap which were used prior to Stack / vent systems.
Very prone to blockage nowadays.

And the discharge from the downstairs flat should be turned down and drop closer and turn towards the main flow, so the cr"p and paper doesn't splatter on the channel and stick.

Interceptor trap.PNG

The question mark is rodding access for an interceptor trap which were used prior to Stack / vent systems.
Very prone to blockage nowadays.

And the discharge from the downstairs flat should be turned down and drop closer and turn towards the main flow, so the cr"p and paper doesn't splatter on the channel and stick.

View attachment 79411

I wondered what it was, both next door each side have covers on them.

To me it looks like soil in the pipe going to flat upstairs/main downpipe.....
I do have more/better pics

If Welsh Water will clear foul drains that are not their responsibility then I'd go with them.

Then you won't get the hard sell of camera survey is essential at extra ££ or religning the drains at ££ or removing the interceptor at £££££££££££££££££££ etc.

It could do with a camera back up the upstairs line to confirm it's O.K or failing and washing in soil ect.

To me it looks like mud/soil in the pipe.

I’m not happy where the new downpipe (9/10 Years ago) when I had grant for insulation.

This stepped out the soil pipe and there’s there’s X2 45s just before it enters the ground.

Just looks like trouble.

This is getting worse!

Had local company out, tidy boys, £100 cash said they will clear it.

They first cleared the outgoing side that had debris/dashing from work done years ago (insulation etc hence why the x2 45deg to step it out at the bottom of new downpipe).

They then started to clear the blocked side and a LOT came out, stuff you would expect to see/smell, they tried for good 20 mins and then upstairs was still blocked.

They then plunged toilet upstairs and it was doing nothing.

They then stated blockage might be up top on one bend/process off elimination and were happy to put a snake down the downpipe if i drilled a hole at chest height.
I drilled it and pure clean water came out with a distinct smell of some form of drain cleaner.

They then stated they have to walk, but the smell went as more water was expelled and brownish water appeared (i was amazed at the power of the water tbh, the downpipe must of been full to the top!)

They then stated they would NOT put a snake in the hole as water containing cleaner might blow back and if i cut the pipe they would then put the snake in same position of the hole they would put snake down there.

i cut it, and basicallt the pipe came away and you could see the blockage of compacted toilet paper in the 45 deg, they the stated this compacted blockage is probably continuing down 5ft at least to another clay U bend and if they could not shift from the manhole then they could not shift from the newly exposed end.

They said jet washer might do it but they had nothing that would go around the U bend and it needs to be dug up!!!

Is ths correct or do i try a jet wash company to blast it from the blocked/compacted toilet end?

Or can i slowly remove all the paper with a smaller type snake (like for 32/40mm pipe) and use end of my drain rods with spiral?

Or do i hire a Kango Hammer and start digging/cutting/drilling the concrete to expose what is there and replace the clay with PVC and use a connecting rubber collar (used one years ago from new PVC to old clay).

i don;t know hat to do tbh, it seems such a small section that is now blocked but as they stated it probably a U bend and 5 ft down!

Anyone advise

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_8252.jpg
    IMG_8252.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8257.jpg
    IMG_8257.jpg
    904.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8260.jpg
    IMG_8260.jpg
    957.3 KB · Views: 16

Reply to HELP -Can not locate inspection Cover? Blockage in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs...
Replies
Views
Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100%...
Replies
Views
Whilst messing about trying to find the location of my underground pipw leak, still ongoing, I decided to have a look at my drainage chamber. A...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have a commercial customer who asked me a few months ago to investigate a toilet that kept blocking. They'd just had the blockage...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock