Discuss Hello Plumbing World in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey,

I'm new here and saying a courteous hello.

Like my bio says, I've come from an office background and I'm sick of staring at a computer screen! I like being out and about and the only trade I've ever wanted to do is plumbing. I'm 36 and I've decided to take the plunge (no pun intended) and learn the trade.

I'm booked onto an intensive course which will give me C&G level 2 in Domestic Plumbing, Part P, WRAS Cert, Unvented Systems Cert, C&G 17th Edition and the NVQ Level 2 in Plumbing. I'm not naive to think I'll leave the course knowing everything I need to know, far from it - but it will give me a good starting point to which I can build on with experience.

I'm hoping to become a part of this forum/community and learn as much as I can from professionals and DIY'ers alike.

I just want to be the best plumber I can be, earn a trade and start my family with something I, and my family, can be proud of.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell.

Cheers
Jay

Welcome to the forum Jay.

Can I suggest that you use the search tool on the forum and look for similar threads? There are a couple a week like this, and it saves us having to type the same answers over and over again! :)

Good luck.

Welcome to the forum Jay.

Can I suggest that you use the search tool on the forum and look for similar threads? There are a couple a week like this, and it saves us having to type the same answers over and over again! :)

Good luck.

Many thanks for the warm welcome. Regarding the search tool, I wasn't aware I asked a question.. I was simply saying hello and stating what I'm doing to prepare for learning the trade. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody :)

Hi Jay and welcome plenty of knowledge on this site good luck with your course regards Turnpin

36 and having a total change. Fair play hello and i wish you all the best..BTW don't worry how daft you think a question sounds just ask..

Your intro peaked my interest :)

welcome along, you have a good grasp on how to progress, stick to your limits till you grow.

don't be a silly sod like me :p

welcome along, you have a good grasp on how to progress, stick to your limits till you grow.

For a 22 year old, you're darn good, so don't knock yourself.

Just agreed to do an underfloor heating job!!
design guide is in the post
sucker for punishment comes to mind :)

Underfloor is all about planning. Very difficult to go back and fix something you missed earlier. :)

Ray

Underfloor is all about planning. Very difficult to go back and fix something you missed earlier. :)

Ray

yup, gonna make sure i triple check everything.
designed two before as part of my apprenticeship and they worked fine.
very nervous about doing it on my own back though

Hello.

Don't know about computer screens I've just finished an office refit and can say I spent more time looking at the skirt then I did the job!

all the best in your quest to become a turd strangler

Cheers mate, I plan to not push myself too hard until I'm completely comfortable with the basics. Then it's push push push ;)

Thank you everybody - it's nice to feel so welcomed :) I've just ordered a plumbing book to read up on so I'm not so wide eyed when I start my course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello Plumbing World in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve used the hep20 tap connectors a few years back when I did. C&G plumbing course. I brought a few the other day and in the packet was a...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock