Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Hello and help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bouncerbloke

Hiya guys and gals,
My name's Steve, I'm 43 and live in (not so) sunny Blackpool. I'm a compentant diy'er and can turn my hand to most things (unfortunately ;)) but today I've come across something which has got me stumped. The thing in question is called a pressfill single ended bath filler with a pressflow waste. Now I've got all the pieces together and everything seems to fit but I'm struggling with the taps which have two inlets (at 90 degrees to each other) and can't work out how these fit to the bath filler. Any help would be gratefully received and will save me getting a beating off the wife to boot :D

Thanks guys,

Steve

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hi bouncerbloke and welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk!

Hiya diesel,

this is one of the taps

024.jpg

and this is the link to the bath filler............Bath filling wastes

sorry about the size of the pictures

hi bouncerbloke welcome to the forums
it looks like the taps are a diverter valve of sorts. the feed comes in from the bottom and then exits at right angles, when the tap is turned on, to the bath filler.

steve

Steve, thank you so much for the reply. I've actually got the bath in the lounge at the moment and have just put everything together to test it and you are absolutely spot on. I just need to buy some flexible hoses now to connect the filler to the taps. Once again, thanks for your help mate, it was really appreciated

Steve

yes these are known as side bodies and they take individual supplies (one for hot, one for cold) and feed a common outlet which in your case is a bath spout

The last ones I brought came with flexible hoses but as they were 300mm long I had to fit them with a loop in the middle if you get me

Steve B is spot on as they have the inlet at the bottom and out let at the right angle

Just remeber that they cant be cut down if too long, had a custoemr who wanted them in a wall and wasn't happy when I informed him that i would need to ruin piping through his daughters wardrobe behind the shower

thanks for your input too Tom, the only problem I've got now is making sure the bath actually fits in the bathroom ;)

Lol not a big deal just put it in the hallway if too big.

Ooooo mrlennie, my wife says if that happens she's gona hunt you down and kick you right in the overflow pipe :D. Besides I'll have to move the plasterboard and plywood out of the hall before I can get the bath in :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello and help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock