Discuss Hello All , New member here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

cmarkr

Gas Engineer
Hello everyone, recently became gas safe registered around 5months ago.

Now just been employed into a business (well will be in two months) to run a gas team along side the existing solid fuel and biomass installers.

So thought i better poke my nose in to the forum as at some point i'm going to need advice being relatively new to the industry. You know what its like seeing things for the first time and not knowing what to do etc.... Primarily boiler repair work i'm going to struggle with as its not something i came across much during my apprenticeship. So if anyone has some literature some were to read through on the subject that'd be great?

Nice to meet you all
Mark

Hello and welcome Mark , you have joined the forum at a quiet time to be honest but theres always a few of us about .
Where are you based ?

Hello mark,

Welcome a long... as town has said it’s quite quiet at the moment but you also can and will be able to find loads of stuff on the forum if you just use the search button and as above mentioned if you need any help you can just ask and open threads and people on here will definitely help you out.

Thank you all for the warm welcome, you i appreciate its far from heating season at the moment! Located down in Cornwall about as far south and west as you can possibly get.
I havn't forwarded my GSR number or anything to anybody, it said i had to have a minimum of 10 posts to register in the GSR area. Should i send my details to Lou anyway?

You are going to find it hard to find basic literature on fault finding.
You are also going to have to do a lot of research on each type of boiler you intend to service to find faults.

Most of the new boilers have fault codes appearing on a screen - these are fairly good for simple problems, but the more complex or rare the fault code is, you can guarantee that the code is a second or third fault along the line of faults.
The MI's are helpful, but I find they suggest you change the most expensive part first, which isn't alway the problem.

It's a tough learning process pal and the only thing that will help you greatly is a mentor and - or experience.

hello and welcome

in regards to fault finding have a look at going on the baxi 3 day course its top notch

Hi Shaun, yeah i did see that on there website, it'd be a fair track up there for me but i am considering it to be fair. Have you ever been on it?or just word of mouth saying its worth going?

I would make the treck it's brilliant especially for new comers

Shows you how to use a multi meter and fault finding that can be carried over to any brand

Reply to Hello All , New member here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back