Discuss Heatslave 20/25 surge in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I wonder are all the valves turned on plenty of turns, including the valve at tank?
Also oil hose not kinked in?
Either of those can cause problem you describe.
But the fact the oil filter hasn’t been checked means it is pointless to speculate until that is cleaned.
Alarming that your service engineer didn’t check that when replacing oil pump and at services.

Replace that strainer/filter at tank and check everything else downstream as well. Like best said above this should all be checked and replaced during routine servicing, perhaps it's time to find a decent engineer.

You can replace the strainer/filter at tank no problem but to change the whole valve you would have to wait until oil runs out. I've known some snatch it with a little oil in tank but not 1200 litres, insurance companies could go mad and if you were to lose that amount of oil the environment agency would hold you accountable and that's a hefty clean up fee.

Like I said it's worth finding a decent engineer, a good engineer is for life. You being an electrician means you have got a good grasp of things already however unless you have FGA, pressure gauges and a smoke pump etc then what you can safely and efficiently do is limited

Sat having my tea tonight and can hear the oil pump is get more and more distressed, I was thinking to myself any minute now that's going into lock out and it did. So now I've nothing to lose I'm having that filter off to look torch in hand absolutely persisting it down, tank valve closed, cracked it open clean as a whistle I mean spotless fuel in bowl a few grains but nothing serious. Opened the tank valve and flushed the main outlet into a bucket a good litre. Refitted the filter bowl and bled off the air valve opened. Back at boiler closed flex valve and uncoupled from pump, open valve zero flow, popped outside to check the fire valve pressed the reset and it clicked hmmmmmm, back inside no flow, desperation gob around fuel line blow hard release and fuel flows slow but we have fuel, Couple line back up and reset lockout. Open bleed air bolt and she bubbles for 10 secs then pure high pressure fuel. It's been running as sweet as a nut for the past hour. Either fire valve or I was airlocked. All I can taste is kerosene small price to pay, happy days.

Reply to Heatslave 20/25 surge in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock