Search the forum,

Discuss Heatslave 15/19 hot water no heating ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve ski

Morning guys, First boiler service since qualifying with oftec, Boiler serviced and burner all good new nozzle and hose etc. The problem is the customer has no heating but hot water. I manually bypassed the valve to heating circuit to service (Honeywell diverter 3 way ) when the lever is released the boiler will only give hot water service. I dont want to throw tons of new parts at it as customer is far from wealthy! I know the diverters are common fault on these, but his programmer is a bit dodgy too. the valve appears to move nicely and does open, or could it be the pcb, any advice appreciated.

Does the boiler have an external programmer or an internal on op?

You got heating when you manually bypassed the diverter?

Internal on appliance ( bit clunky) no other controls in house, and yes heating when valve opened and locked ?

swapped out diverter valve as it wasn't making on the micro switch, however the problem persisted ! after some head scratching the customer punched the top of the boiler near the hot water and heating stat controls, and hey presto up she fires ! getting a price for replacements for him as we tried this several times with the same result every time lol, thanks for the reply in any case TFG !

Its either the clock or the pcb, one of the relays sticks. If its the greenstar its the clock if its a se one then its the board.

Its a heatslave not greenstar or se, dont think its pcb or clock, when I take the cover of on the top of the pcb which contains the stats for hw / htg tap the stats gently with a screwdriver and woof off they go, checked all connections were pushed home and good, surely if clock or pcb were faulty I wouldnt get a result ??

My moneys on the board. The relays stick.

Short out the stats, that will prove or disprove the stats.

Ok how do I short out the stats simon ?? I am listening and taking this on thanks !

No problem.

Unclip the connectors from the back and bridge the connectors or fasten together.

Thanks simon could you expand on that explanation a little more please !

also are their any realistic grant schemes available for replacement boilers for pensioners on state pensions I could look into for him, his boiler is a wreck internal exp vess gone too! I want to help this guy but have a mortgage kids business to run etc? and have to charge for my time, this aint a easy job sometime is it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatslave 15/19 hot water no heating ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock