Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Heatline Solaris Diverter valve repair. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John The Rad

Anyone worked on these boilers.
I fitted this boiler about four years ago and the customer has asked me to sort a problem with having to turn the central heating on to get hot water.
I know that this will be a diverter valve problem so I have bought a repair kit but I've never replaced the kit on this model before and after looking at the valve I removed the motor and undid the big brass nut but the kit doesn't pull out.
I'm reluctant to pull any harder in case I do some damage.
Are there any RGEs out there who have worked on these boilers who might give me a clue.

Does the boiler fire up when a tap is turned on if not it could be something else.

Ok have you removed the screw from plate EX ? what about the screw from under boiler next to hot outlet ? then just lift out.

The boiler fires up when the tap is turned on, The motor activates and pushes the metal rod down but the water is only slightly warm, but if the heating is turned on then the the dhw is hot.
It's got to be the diverter.
I have got the repair kit, the problem is, does the entire valve have to be removed in order to install it , or can it be changed from the front without taking the whole valve out ?

jts

I have removed the motor and the big black plastic nut and have access to the rod and kit but it cannot be pulled out and replaced, at least, I've tried to pull it out but it won't move.
The question is. Is that because I'm not pulling it hard enough, or because it is replaced from the rear of the valve, in which case I will have to take the whole valve off.
Messy.

PS
In my original post I said I removed the "big brass nut" that should have read "big black plastic nut"

Last edited by a moderator:
No further posts.
Oh well I guess I'll have to take the whole valve off after all.
No one seems to know much about these boilers (including me)

Just done this repair today On a heatline s24. Its a full valve removal job with new fibre washers and new o-ring washers at the heat exchanger. Make sure you've all the washers new otherwise you'll get leaks. Also the service valve kit does not come with the heat exchanger washers you may also need these if they are worn!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline Solaris Diverter valve repair. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock