Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Heatline C28 plate heat exchanger - washers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooteruk

I have a heatline C28 combi boiler which had a blocked plate heat exchanger. I cleaned it quite well but my mistake is that I tapped the front face quite a few times and therefore now when I tighten it with the riveter valve, some water leaks. In the original C28 design, there are no washers that sit between diverter valve and plate heat exchanger.

I am wondering if I am able to use any washers as seal to stop water leaking. Would normal rubber washers work or are there any washers available that can be used between diverter valve and plate heat exchanger?

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Regards
Scoot

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline C28 plate heat exchanger - washers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Baxi Duo Tech 28 HE. According to an online search with the serial number and GC number, I should have a 20-plate heat exchanger. So, I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have taken out the heat exchanger because a tiny leak was found around the red gasket at the top of the heat exchanger of a...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Hi all New Diverter valve going in mid week ( subject to eng being available) and from my previous discussion, the dhw plate heat exchanger could...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock