Discuss Heating water from hot tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap the water coming out is heating water ( Fernox smell)and the boiler pressure drops quite quickly. Baxi Platinum 28HE. Any help or ideas please

Time to get a gas engineer sorry to say sounds like the exchanger has gone heating side

Does the boiler over pressurise ?

That is probably because the heating system is at a very similar pressure to the mains. So with no hot tap open the system is fairly stable; but as soon as a hot top is opened the pressure on that side of the heat exchanger drops and this allows the heating system water to cross into the hot water system and de-pressurise the heating system. It sounds like Shaun has got the answer for you.

That is probably because the heating system is at a very similar pressure to the mains. So with no hot tap open the system is fairly stable; but as soon as a hot top is opened the pressure on that side of the heat exchanger drops and this allows the heating system water to cross into the hot water system and de-pressurise the heating system. It sounds like Shaun has got the answer for you.
Ye, time to get the professionals in, thanks
Filling method taps open?
No, solid link filling, both taps off, thanks

Reply to Heating water from hot tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back