Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Heating system maintenance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

I have a question about heating systems and looking after them. I rent out a few houses and 2 boilers have just gone down on me and i think if i had been a bit more proactive these problems wouldnt happen.

So what should i do with regard to the systems every so often ? They are all combis and are about 4-5 yrs old. All systems have about 5-6 rads on them.

I am thinking i need to fit a magnaclean, but should i also do a periodic clean and renew the inhibitor. Say every 3 yrs ?

Any tips will be appreciated.

When you do do a clean how long to you leave the boiler running with the solution in it? is 2h's about right ?

If you put in a chemical cleanser most makers suggest from a minimum 1 hour up to a fortnight.
Personally i would leave it for a least a week and drain whilst still hot so it carries more s**t with it.
Then fill with clean water along with long term Inhibitor.
Again if the boilers need topping up frequently then the Inhibitor will be lost over time. If the CH system water is stable and rarely has to be topped up, Sentinel claim its good for 10 years.
With rented property I think I would put new stuff in every 5 years.
The new Spiro-tech Magnabooster magnetic inline cleanser is a lot easier to clean than a Magnaclean. Magnaclean can be very messy to clean.
I would check the Following web sites for advise
Sentinel
Fernox
Magnaclean
Spiro Tech Magnabooster

A boiler with inert CH system water always seem to have fewer breakdowns.

ok, thanks. i will add some cleaner and leave for a week. Then drain down and fit a magnaclean or another device. Thanks for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating system maintenance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock