Discuss heating oil lift pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davebowden

Hi I have moved my heating oil tank to around 1.5metres below the boiler. I fitted a tigger loop but it still will not work. I used a 1/2"bsp pipe over a 6 metre length. I feel that the pump in the boiler is not strong enough to pull the fuel through this size of pipe. I had a price from a local supplier of £380.00 but dose any one have a cheaper option. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Change the pipe to 8mm copper from tank to boiler and will be fine

That's probably about the best price you'll get Dave. could always reduce the size of your pipe to 10mm. that'll give the tiger loop half a chance.

Just cos I'm short there's no need to call me a 6mm bore! :D:D:D

I meant 8mm, everything's been 10mm today and I had a mad moment! lol

I know it might sound a bit obvious but did you put the bypass screw in the pump?

Agree with previous posts,1/2'' pipe will have no chance of working,change it to 8mm.

Thanks fellas, I will reduce the pipe size. Better than buying a expensive pump.

If it's 1.5m I would change to 6mm as this is better than 8. Easiest place to get 6mm plastic coated copper from is an automotive or hydraulics wholesaler. With luck you may even be able to feed it inside your existing line!

Ever tried to syphon stuff out with a hosepipe. The larger the bore of the hosepipe the harder it is to suck and the slower the flow and more likely to get air in. Its the same principle with fuel - look at the size of the fuel line on your van. It's really tiny and it has more fuel going through it than a domestic oil boiler.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating oil lift pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock