Discuss Heating issue upstairs rads in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

So for the past 3 years I’ve had little or no heating upstairs in my house. I have a dual system. Open fire and oil. Neither circulate hot water to radiators upstairs in either bedrooms even if I turn off all the rads downstairs it only warms a little. I had the whole system professionally power flushed and still no improvement. I’ve bled rads upstairs but no pressure at all when heating on!! Any advice much appreciated. I’m thinking of taking off the trv valves on rads upstairs to see if that helps.

Need a decent heating bod to have a look, cant beat eyes on in this situation.

What made you think a powerflush would work and what did the people who did the flush have to say?

Reply to Heating issue upstairs rads in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
D
Hi. Turned my heating on for the 1st time today, i bled every radiator as haven't done it since last winter. upstairs worked fine but an hour...
Replies
Views
Back