Discuss Heated Towel Rail. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dai5y Roots

Hi To everyone, this is my first post on this site hopefully I will get some help.
As I have worked my way through my house decorating I have been replacing my old radiators for new. Because my house has a concrete ground floor the heating system runs through the first floor, running down the walls (buried) to feed the ground floor radiators.
I am fitting a tall heated Towel rail, 1800mm, almost floor to ceiling. Do I have to fit it running the pipes down the wall as normal, or can I feed from the ceiling putting the valves on the top. The system runs from a Worcester greenstar 24i combi using 15mm pipe.

you need your valves at the bottom so your vent/bleed is at the top, so yes, pipes up not down.

As said valves need to be at bottom. What type of walls do you have? If it's a gyproc sheeted partition you will be able to open the wall up and alter the pipe tails to come through at sizes to suit the rad. Then patch it up again.

I don't think you will have any venting problems if you have the towel rail connected from the top.
The air will be vented into the pipe work above the towel rail and find itself in a radiator on the first floor.
It might look a bit odd, and the towel rail may short circuit the heating through it - the bottom of the towel rail may be noticeably colder than the top- but if you want to do it, I cannot see any drastic problems that would be detrimental to the purpose.
Depending on what towel rail you install, you may have to hang it upside down - some towel rails only have 3 connection points.

I don't think you will have any venting problems if you have the towel rail connected from the top.
The air will be vented into the pipe work above the towel rail and find itself in a radiator on the first floor.
It might look a bit odd, and the towel rail may short circuit the heating through it - the bottom of the towel rail may be noticeably colder than the top- but if you want to do it, I cannot see any drastic problems that would be detrimental to the purpose.
Depending on what towel rail you install, you may have to hang it upside down - some towel rails only have 3 connection points.

Thats the bit that would worry me. If its a tall rail, its possible that the top third will be hot, the middle third tepid and the bottom third stone cold.

Thats the bit that would worry me. If its a tall rail, its possible that the top third will be hot, the middle third tepid and the bottom third stone cold.

To overcome that you could insert a tube on one side that extends to the bottom. Similar style to the old twin entry valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heated Towel Rail. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock