Discuss Has my builder ruined my boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

As you say however you are well within your rights also to refuse access if you feel they have acted outside scope or unlawfully

It’s generally not looked on favourably by the small claims court if you’ve refused to give a contractor fair chance to put right what may be an honest mistake.

Neither the pipework nor electrical work is notifiable under building regulations so not sure how you’d prove the guy wasn’t competent.

Again I was referring to whether or not the builder had acted unlawfully in terms of working on the boiler. They don’t get a second chance there

A 30s google search turned up the manual for your boiler, in section 1.6 it clearly stares the diverter valve must be open to fill the boiler. See attached image.

Doesn’t sound like your builders sub contractor has done anything wrong here.

4726605D-D10C-439F-BA95-B18622D5E01D.jpeg

Don't blame you for keeping it. I'm keeping my Glow Worm Ultimate going for as long as I can.

We've taken condensing boilers out which have been 6/7 years old which were beyond repairing. Admittedly these were probably ones that haven't been well maintained or fitted well.

My Ideal Mexico is of 1997 vintage :cool:

On a sep note, efficiency ratings as specified by all manufacturers are ONLY seen by a VERY small number of UK home owners.
Why?
The efficiencies are calculated at a flow temp of 50 degrees C and a return of 30 degs C. However, most UK home owners would claim the system is faulty at such low flow temps so new (efficient boilers) are commissioned to run at a flow of 70 & (at best) a return of 50. This delivers just a few % of potential and rarely (if ever) pays back the investment.

My Ideal Mexico is of 1997 vintage :cool:

On a sep note, efficiency ratings as specified by all manufacturers are ONLY seen by a VERY small number of UK home owners.
Why?
The efficiencies are calculated at a flow temp of 50 degrees C and a return of 30 degs C. However, most UK home owners would claim the system is faulty at such low flow temps so new (efficient boilers) are commissioned to run at a flow of 70 & (at best) a return of 50. This delivers just a few % of potential and rarely (if ever) pays back the investment.

How do you achieve that then?

Increase the resonance time/reduce flow rate through radiators?

Surprising in this day and age of smart TRVs there not measuring flow/return temp.

Reply to Has my builder ruined my boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock