Search the forum,

Discuss Has my boiler fitter finished the job? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Notsure

I have just had a new combi boiler system fitted and the boiler fitter did not change it over to mains flow, leaving a poor flow around the house. 45mins? + to fill a bath and over a minute wait for hot water to reach the kitchen. His reason was because our bthroom fittings are designed for low pressure system and that it would be best to do this when our new on suite and downstairs toilet get fitted in a couole of weeks time? We are not changing the main bathroom which has the same fittings so I am wondering what will haooen to them when it changes over? Do these need changed or can they rrmain the same? My bathroom fitter is now in my house and can't believe he didnt change it to mains and has left it too him, he feels the boiler fitter did not finish the job and also his quote didn't allow for changing mains. I have a couple of questions? Has my boiler fitter finished the job, is it ok for him to leave the boiler not fitted to mains as my bathroom fitter has advised currently i wouldnt be able to get the pressure back in the boiler if something happened bcause there isnt enough pressure from the tank? Is it reasonable to leave switching the system to mains for the bathroom fitter? How much work is involved how long would it take? I feel like I am going to be oaying double for a job. Any advice/help in this matter is greatly appreciated. Cheers

Did you ask him to install the new combi boiler eg convert from a cylinder to combi

If yes get him back to do the work and if anything leaks your happy to accept responsibility etc

How much did he charge ? And any pictures of the boiler ?

Unless the boiler manufacturer allows connection to non-mains water (unlikely, check installation instructions) then he has not completed the job.
Has he completed the bench mark sheet(s), usually at the back of the installation manual? That must be done for any warranty to be valid.

IME, in practice, existing low pressure fittings will usually work okay with high pressure (i.e. 3bar) conversion. Your family will need to to retrain their muscle memory so you open the taps a bit more cautiously than in the past. After a couple of "WTF, I'm soaking wet!" incidents everybody will get the idea.

Reply to Has my boiler fitter finished the job? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock