Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Hammering Noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hotchocolate

Hi all, PLEASE HELP.... Pretty simple I'm guessing but it's got me stuck anyway. I have a gas boiler which heats the water for the radiotors and also for the hot water and shower, on seperate circuits. It all works fine, gas comes in, heats the water, exhaust gases leave again, water gets hot. In fact it works a treat, but I have a problem with the pipes banging, I have five radiators in five different rooms and the water passes through them in turn or just bypasses them if they are closed, but the first and third radiotors in the loop sometimes start to bang. It's sporadic and probably takes place for about five minutes every couple of hours. It only seems to be the first and third radiators and if I change the valve setting on the radiators it seems to be ok but then starts again in the new position at a later point in time. I know this is usually trapped air but I have bled all of the radiators and only water was ever purged, no air ever came out at all, plus the radiators get hot right to the top. Could it be the pipe diamater? Could the pipes be too thin? I estimate they are around 12mm diameter for a 80m2 appartment, if so is there anything I can do rather than have the pipes replaced? The pressure when around 65 degrees is 3 bar, Is this too high? Thanks for any help, Daniel.

As an addendum ----- I forgot to mention, the biggest culprit is the first radiator and this one is indeed raised up about 50 cm higher than all of the others......could it be air after all?

ok - addendum 2 - Should I wait until radiator 1 starts to make the banging noise and THEN bleed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hammering Noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock