Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss hammering and pressure loss - post boiler install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darnok

Hello, just had a Worcester 30Si combi boiler installed and now one of the hot water taps developed a new problem. On the first twist - I get a bit of pressure, second twist - less pressure, third twist - loud disconcerting hammering, fourth turn - good pressure, no hammering. The problem occurs on the bathroom hot water tap (not a mixer), located 1 floor above the boiler. The installer blames the tap, as the kitchen mixer tap (downstairs, next to the boiler) is problem free, even when turning on just the hot water.

The 30Si replaced an old Potterton with a hot water tank, radiator flushing was provided. The installation is due to be inspected for certification (same company), and I wonder if it makes sense to stall the process till they resolve the issue?

You can change tap cores for about £20 worth of parts(tap reviver kit) would be a good first port of call :)

Id pay the installer to repair your tap or you may be getting something for Xmas you didnt want. bth_eye.jpg

Not installers fault. It's a faulty tap.
Pay them and ask if they would replace.

As others have said its a faulty tap/ tap washer. This has shown as a fault now because you have changed from a hw cylinder to a combi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hammering and pressure loss - post boiler install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock