Currently reading:
Guttering heat shield

Discuss Guttering heat shield in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TomLane

Going to be installing some new guttering for a customer & they've a flue from the boiler that vents close to the guttering. They've had a GSR from Worcester B. tell them that there is such a product available that will provide a shield to the guttering whilst not to block the flue.

Anyone heard of anything like this?

I know that the flue obviously shouldn't be so close to the guttering (not sure of exact measurement) but I just want to be able to advise them as to whether this heat deflector does exist before I tell them they're boiler needs replacing.

Even the main gas man at my college was bending a bit of metal to use as a heat shield for such a purpose. And he's an investigator into gas incidents so not one to do things wrong.

Tom post a picture ! New boilers will not damage guttering as temp of flue gases is about 50 degrees C

Haven't got a picture unfortunately. It's a relatively old WB & it's the square terminal very similar to this one.
(Not sure of the correct name for them)
image750.gif

I've got to go there tomorrow to drop a quote off for some other work so I will try & get a picture & measurements just out of interest.

Already told them they need it replaced. Problems with diverter valve & pressure too so they've been told but they've said until it actually breaks down they'll leave it!

The logic of some people is baffling.

I'm only doing the guttering as there's parts of it that have been causing damp inside the house!!

BS 5440-1 shows a minimum dimension of 300mm from a balanced flue terminal under a plastic gutter, but it is acceptable to fit a heat shield 1m long over the plastic gutter, easiest thing to use I s thin aluminium sheet formed to suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Guttering heat shield in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock