Search the forum,

Discuss Gully's in utility room in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luken

Hi,

We bought our house in 2013 . The owner before had a terrible sun room constructed on the rear.
Inside it there are two drains . Both Gullys I believe, one has the bathroom waste going to it , the other has the kitchen / washer waste and the guttering run off from the conservatory.
The kitchen one stinks and we want to sell the property this year.
We have a manhole approx 3ft deep outside of our sun room.
I'd like to put a new gully outside and run into this with all our grey water however , with the location the manhole the 1:40 gradient wouldn't be achievable so would have to come in near the top.
Could I put a sort of drop stack inside the M/H as long as I don't prevent access?
Long winded I know. I've spoke to 3 plumbers who don't seem keen on the work.

Thanks, Luke

IMG_1157.JPG

You would need to go through your local building control, to have it passed, particularily needed when going to sell your home later.
I see nothing wrong with going higher into existing manhole.
Another way would be to run the underground 4" pipes directly to the waste pipes, with no gulleys, but I presume you are wishing to avoid internal digging? And you have old clay pipes.

Thanks for your reply.

Ideally no internal digging , it's base is solid 6" concrete so would be very difficult.
The location of where we'd put the new gully to MH is only 0.5m so I thought that would be the easiest option.
I have emailed my local planning office for advice on who to speak to.
I'd obviously prefer a professional to do it but I'm presuming this type of work isn't enjoyed. Ha .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gully's in utility room in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock