Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gully patio'd over in use in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys not sure anyone has encountered this before but I have a job where the inside wall has been getting a little damp, there was a step up to the door that I think wasn't helping due to dpc but that was removed to take a closer look and it revealed 2 waste water pipes going into the patio floor, I went and had a look to see if leaking and couldn't directly see anything leaking but when I inspected the termination of the waste pipes they are just dangling into a gully that has been patio'd over? I'm no damp expert but could this be causing the problem, I imagine it is at least something to do with this so I am going to reroute the pipework into the stack that's nearby, I think it'll just about make it but it's not ideal at all. I've attached a photo so you better understand what I mean. I will be pressure testing the pipework just incase there is a leak under the tiled floor but I think they are 3m lengths. Thoughts? Thanks. Chester

Attachments

• IMG-20230921-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20230921-WA0008.jpg
    724.9 KB · Views: 16
Update, pipe on right is compromised, failed pressure test, inspection with camera can see a joint directly where the tiles begin to sound 'hollow', upsized left pipe and temp fix running everything through the 1¼ under basin as it's under a tiled floor so not an easy fix.

Reply to Gully patio'd over in use in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock