Discuss GSR costs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the assessment should be altered,

Think the GAS SAFE inspector should be inspecting employees aswell as employers/sole traders

I asked this question to gas safe and they said that they only inspect employers. Alot of employees who work on gas i think shouldnt be touching wet plumbing works never mind gas

Think the assessment should be altered,

Think the GAS SAFE inspector should be inspecting employees aswell as employers/sole traders

I asked this question to gas safe and they said that they only inspect employers. Alot of employees who work on gas i think shouldnt be touching wet plumbing works never mind gas

You need experience.... i hate these fast track courses.

I agree, but how could this situation be changed, when the majority of gas installers seem to be for it...according to the competence review and the fact that this system exists.

Last edited:
Totally agree clanger.
Seems gas safe are only interested in either money money money or if any1 dies.

Such a shame when alot are working on gas illegally etc

Bloody tablets can't write with these things ended up thanking koogatupac. By the way koogatupac I agree with you.

Such a shame when alot are working on gas illegally etc

When you reflect on this long enough and start to look behind the gas safe mantra, you will understand that illegal gas installers are not really the problem...it's the legal ones who think they are competent through said ACS courses and dubious assessment processes. The hard working family businesses, and those who have worked hard for decades to build up good reputations are the ones that have lost out, along with the public, who no longer know who to employ.

Probs is the illegal workers get away with it, while GSR registered people get it rough. its the owners responsibility to make sure the person working on the appliance is gas safe.

When you reflect on this long enough and start to look behind the gas safe mantra, you will understand that illegal gas installers are not really the problem...it's the legal ones who think they are competent through said ACS courses and dubious assessment processes. The hard working family businesses, and those who have worked hard for decades to build up good reputations are the ones that have lost out, along with the public, who no longer know who to employ.

agree, you have loads now jumping on board who are becoming gsr after doing a poxy course, with hardly any on site experience ?

Just makes it worse for people who've been at it for years really if you ask me

Probs is the illegal workers get away with it, while GSR registered people get it rough. its the owners responsibility to make sure the person working on the appliance is gas safe.

Probs is you believe this. Ask yourself what led you to this belief.

GSR people get it rough because there is a system in place which is not geared for them, its geared for CAPITA, training centres, awarding bodies and employer representative organisations - who looks after the self employed?

Its time to think beyond the 'illegal installer' which is the red herring put there by Gas Safe, to help you to look no further, and accept this scandalous system which allows people to work on gas after a few hours of assessment and a few weeks of work experience at best.

"The cost of a new application is £365 plus VAT. This includes one engineer and registration fees for one year." this is according to gas safe website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GSR costs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock