Search the forum,

Discuss GSC Related Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
It's my understanding that when doing a GSC on a hob, the isolation valve MUST be accessible and if not it would deem the appliance AR.

Now when they say accessible, does accessible include having to take out the electric oven underneath it to access the isolation valve?????

I've been told GSC's can be down to interpretation.. I would interpret this as inaccessible as you have to remove screws and an oven in order to access it - hardly accessible. However, the ECV at the meter is just outside the property. But in my opinion this shouldn't negate the fact the isolation valve for the hob is inaccessible.

Could do with some clarification on this from the experienced ones ;)

Cheers and HAPPY EASTER!!!! :)

The ECV sould be readily accessible. Hob valve needs to be easily accessible.

21030d1424869671-positive-negative-pressure-boilers-gasmanrob2.jpg
:smile:

Last edited:
At the same time, if one hasn't got the gas meter box key - that wouldn't be an easy access! :smile:

Last edited:
So before I moved into my flat, their plumber did a GSC and passed the hob, even though the isolation valve for it is behind the cooker and not easily accessible.

Is this general practise to pass stuff like this or am I just being a hitler about it?

So it really is down to interpretation then...

If one has to take a few screws out - it's accessible.

Last edited:
Fair enough, cheers Alex, much appreciated

If the hob had a gas leak on it you would isolate at either the ECV or if in a flat the AECV. The isolation valve under the hob is for local isolation of the hob to Carryout maintenance and repair.

If the hob had a gas leak on it you would isolate at either the ECV or if in a flat the AECV. The isolation valve under the hob is for local isolation of the hob to Carryout maintenance and repair.

Makes sense. Cheers ch4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GSC Related Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
Objective: I have an existing s-plan plus (see below for details) heating and hot water system, with 2 independent heating zones. There is a separate programmer and a simple room thermostat for zone 1 and programmable thermostat for zone 2. I have purchased the Drayton Wiser 3 zone kit and...
Replies
Views
A LL cert costs around £50 in my area for 2 appliances. I find that I am really struggling to complete it in an hour to make it worthwhile for me. At the same time, I don't want to be cutting corners like those charging £30 and in and out in 15 min. I just did one recently that took me 2 hours...
Replies
Views
Hi. DIY guy here, not a plumber of any experience. I would be grateful for constructive critique of the drainage design presented by this diagram, accompanied by the following notes and questions: 1) On the left is dishwasher, on the right is washing machine. Purple lines represent standard...
Replies
Views
I am a DIYer that is looking to address piping under my en-suite floor, whilst I am undertaking a major re-ferb of the room. With reference to the picture, you can see that I have a number of JG connections under the floor and they will ultimately be tiled over. To complicate things further...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock