Discuss Grundfoss Niagara shower pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Grundfoss Niagara shower pump repair?

Hi Guys

I installed one of these shower pumps for a custard just over two years ago so it's out of guarantee. It's suddenly started cutting out intermittently.

After checking filters etc I did the obvious and hit it with a hammer, it started. :cheesy:
But it sounds like the impeller on the cold side is grinding and it keeps stopping- until I hit it with my Magic Hammer again.

Do you think it's basically knackered and a replacement needed or is it possible to get into the impeller and grease it or something?

Would be grateful for any guidance.

Last edited:
Have you checked the model number? On the model number are letters like P5 09 05 which would mean that it was manufactured in the 5th week of 2009. If you don't have the proof of postage they will honour a guarantee for an additional three months on top of the two years from the date of manufacture (instead of date of purchase) to allow for it to be sent to distributor and then sold. You may be lucky and the pump may have been sold to you very soon after manufacture and may have been bought just over 2 years ago but may be within the 2 years + 3 months guarantee with no receipt. In which case you may just have lost your original proof of purchase!

Hi capitan

Just checked the number P5 08 49 which I reckon means manufactured 49th week of 2008. Thanks for the info, which is locked away in my tiny brain for future reference, but it looks like customer is unlucky this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfoss Niagara shower pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
K
Hi, The pump has been installed for 2 years (and is the same model as the one that was there for the previous 5+ years). It starts up fine with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Missus has decided to upgrade the shower to one with a rainfall head, and so naturally it's another job added to the list for me I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi - I had an old watermill low viltage pump that worked great for years. That went so replaced with a new (Grundfos- positive head) from my hot...
Replies
Views
Took on a HMO a couple of years ago.....8 rooms 3 stories with a shared kitchen and 5 bathrooms. Got a builder in who said it would be possible to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock