Discuss Grundfos UPS3 setting in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Canasta

Hello

I have a gravity fed system with a header tank in the loft, a water cylinder and a 3 way valve.
The header tank in the loft is OK and has water in it.
When the 3 way valve is in the mid setting the pump and pipes are quiet, and in the CH setting all is quiet.
But when its in the HW setting, after a minute there is loads of air bubbling around, I can hear it right through all the pipes.

The HW still heats ok but its quite a racket with all that gurgling.

The Grundfos UPS3 pump is on the 2 setting for constant speed, putting it down to 1 seems to help a little.

Should I try one of the pump variable settings?
Or there is a gate valve after the HW coil on the return to the boiler, should i try to restrict the flow there?

Reply to Grundfos UPS3 setting in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock