Search the forum,

Discuss Grundfos heating pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixServices

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone finding they are not lasting long anymore?
Changed a few recently which seem to be lazy. Changed one in a hotel today because it wasn't giving enough flow through a heat exchanger, only 3-4 years old.

what type and size pumps are you talking about, most now need some kind of "setting up" to work correctly, if not then yeah, they dont last long

The biggest problem I find with them is the capacitor stuffs up.

The bigger problem is finding the capacitor that fit inside the wiring housing.

In the last few years, I have found this to be the issue and try and keep capacitors from the pumps that are replaced for other reasons.

For what reason and the frequency the capacitors destruct nowadays, is questionable.
I wonder whether it is a deliberate act on behalf of the manufacturers so they can maintain pump sales.

I wonder why some of the heating systems I service have not had ant pumps changed in 15 or 20 years and the majority of pump change overs are done on systems that are 5 to 7 years old.

I'm talking about normal 15-50/60s, I think this one was dying from pushing against a partially blocked heat exchanger. But did another one on a system boiler that randomly died today. System was completely clean.

Agree , they are nowhere near as good as they used to be.

Agree with oz , make them too good = carp sales

Was told by supplier to steer clear especially if being used with solid fuel. Some were only lasting couple of weeks!

I was wondering whether to swap over to wilo now. Would appreciate people's experiences of them.

Wilo seems a good choice. The grundfos of today are not what they used to be Lowara is another option.

Ive fitted aboy 4 lowara ecocirc pumps. They tend to have a high pitched microphone feedback sort of a noise on start up. I fitted a wilo yonos pico pump this week and i liked it alot. Head on it is massive tho

Grundfos had a dodgy batch not so long ago according to the plumbing supplier we use. They say they have sorted it now.

I switched over to Wilo last year, not had any problems so far. Very quiet too!

I recently removed a noisy wilo gold, which I fitted a few years ago would that have had 5 years. If so I'm going back to them

Last couple I've bought - I've made sure have a 5 year guarantee on.
Would recommend Anchor Pumps.com for warranty Grundfos pumps - they had a replacement out to me within 5 days :smug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grundfos heating pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have an old Combi boiler for which the heating has stopped working. The hot water is fine, and I think I've isolated the problem to the pump. The pump is a Grundfos Alpha2, and it has usually has two numbers, but it is instead showing two dashes ( -- ). I think the propeller isn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just had my 15year old Grundfos UPS 15 50 replaced with an Alpha 1 and the Alpha 1 seems quite a bit noisier than the the old one, I have a new UPS3 sitting in a box and I am thinking of changing the Alpha 1 for the UPS3 if I understand it correctly, Alpha1 v UPS3 1. Alpha 1 is...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock