Search the forum,

Discuss Ground floor hot water tap started running very slowly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a downstairs shower room/toilet and the hot water tap yesterday started running VERY slowly on the sink - virtually down to a trickle.

Turned the tap on this morning and hot water was coming through fine again - went back a 10-15 minutes later and the water was back to a trickle...

Any suggestions?

Is it that hot tap only that is affected? I've had this before and it was a blockage within the tap body itself. The pressure would build inside the tap when it was off giving it around 10-15 seconds of runtime then it would stop completely. Replacing the tap solved the issue.

Could be the tap body. When the tap is turned on it isn't drawing the tap washer up higher enough off the tap seating to allow the water to run freely. Taken apart and grease the o rings should sort this.

Thanks - I assume water supply needs turning off to do this? Although not sure where the 'supply ' for this would be... from one of the pipes with a 'screw-head' type isolating valve in the hot water tank cupboard? - water pipe from the sink goes straight into the wall...

Yes the water would need turning off to do this. There may be a valve under the basin? Sounds like you are talking about the right valve to turn off hot water in the cylinder cupboard. If it's the gate type, it will have a red head. Put a picture up on here if you need it identifying. If it won't budge, don't force it. You will have to drain the main CWS tank in the loft otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ground floor hot water tap started running very slowly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the upstairs taps, I have a combi boiler and no water storage
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock