Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Grohe Eurosmart 3246720l Poor Flow After Straghtforward Installation in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I fitted a brand new Grohe Eurosmart 3246720l (See Photo 1) mono basin tap a few days ago, replacing my previous Grohe tap (See Photo 2) as it had develop a small leak. Absolutely straightforward swap out, as I had 3/8” adapters in place from the previous installation. However, the water flowrate on the 3246720l is demonstrably slower than its predecessor. Has anyone encountered similar issues with this tap, or is able to explain the loss of flow capacity.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 12
It’s flow limited to 10 lpm

I did attempt to test the actual flow rate using a litre jug and timer. Rudimentary I know, but better than just guessing. These are the results I obtained, after performing the test twice on both hot and cold modes.

Hot
11.21 seconds
10.11 seconds

Cold
10.31 seconds
10.18 seconds

Even if these fingers were rounded down to 10 seconds, the flow rate would equate to 6 lpm.

By way of additional information. have isolator valves fitted to the 15mm copper feed pipes (not full bore). The water main to the property was upgraded (individual feed, rather than common) when I was refurbishing in 2022.

Is the tap itself likely to be faulty.

Last edited:
No.
Read post #3
What is the purpose of such a slow flow rate. Are these specific Grohe taps intended for very small basins, the type used for example in en suite orunder stairs toilet situations. Also, is this now a policy of Grohe to limit flow rates for economy purposes acroos its ranges, or is it the case that they offer different raps with different flow rates.

What is the purpose of such a slow flow rate. Are these specific Grohe taps intended for very small basins, the type used for example in en suite orunder stairs toilet situations. Also, is this now a policy of Grohe to limit flow rates for economy purposes acroos its ranges, or is it the case that they offer different raps with different flow rates.
It's probably E.U energy / resource saving legislation

Grohe tap.PNG

It’s all to do with water/energy saving.
But no, not all taps are restricted to this extent.
Decent makes will have a flow/pressure diagram with all the info you need to make an informed choice.

Reply to Grohe Eurosmart 3246720l Poor Flow After Straghtforward Installation in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I bought a Grohe two hole tap like this one to install in a cloakroom, and got this concealed mixer for the tap. While all the pictures...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - this is only my second thread on here, so I hope I'm observing all the rules...would appreciate your thoughts... We're in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock