Search the forum,

Discuss Greenstar ri , Want to replace separate timer and thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I'm bit of a novice on these things.
I have a 7 yr old Greenstar Ri conventional boiler with hot water tank in my new house.
When fitted, they wired next to the boiler a Potterden ep2002. This switch is a bit limited in what it can do. You cannot independently have different CH and HW timings, although I know I could fit an ep2 which would give me more options re on and off times.
Also in the Hall there is the standard wired Honeywell 6360. a simple clock-like knob.
What I would prefer to have is an 'all in one' something in the Hall that does the lot.
In my previous house I had a Worcester combi. It had a wireless digistat in the hall that controlled the temperature and timings for the CH (but obviously not HW as it was a combi boiler).

The problem is that people forget to turn down the honeywell clock thermostat in my new house (I want temp to be lower at certain times during the day)
What I'm looking for is something like my old Digistat that controls and changes the temperature and the CH times but which can ALSO programme HW times. People have mentioned Hive which may be an option, but I dont really want to go to that length/expense.
Is there any other digistat that would do what I want? And how difficult would it be to wire up?! Or any other ideas?

Last edited:
there is not a great difference in price between a 2 channel programmable room RF room stat and the hive or the nest thermostats but with the latter you will have control of both heating and hot water when you are away from the house and you can set temperature for away times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greenstar ri , Want to replace separate timer and thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Last May had a new Greenstar 4000 boiler fitted and only recently started using the heating. Once the set room temperature is reached the boiler modulates (presumably) and stays running for very long periods (many hours) but the circulating water is only luke warm (about 35 degrees) Any heating...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but can't find any model info or any plates on it. I want to change the switch and thermostat to a digital wireless thermostat but I'm not sure what I can...
Replies
Views
L
hello I have a Worcester greenstar 18Ri with a Honeywell st6400c timer next to the boiler and a dial thermostat down stairs. it is a system boiler not a combi and has a separate hot water tank. I'm looking to find out if I can replace my Honeywell timer st6400c for a Honeywell sundial RF2 pack 3...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would like to replace my ancient Honeywell mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell T3R PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT I have three wires in the old thermostat. Please see the first three photos. 1 Red 3 Yellow 2 Blue are these 1 Live 3 Live return (Switched) 2 Neutral Could I configure it as in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock