Discuss Grant Combi - DHW Not maintaining temp. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nr0

Looking for some advice please guys,
I have a grant V90 max oil combi.
The two issues I'm having are the DHW temp is dropping off, and the DHW is not taking priority over the CH.
The reason for the post is that most threads I've read point towards the diverter valve diaphragm, but in the last month it's had a new genuine grant diverter valve and plate heat exchanger.
Fitting the heat exchanger improved the water temp dropping off slightly but not 100%.
One more thing (not sure if it will help anyone diagnose my issue further), the boiler was losing pressure also, so I've replaced the expansion vessel, which eliminated the pressure issue.

Not sure what else to add, other than the boiler seems to function as it should other than what I've wrote above.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
NR

best I can advice is to get a qualified techie in to look at possible issues, which would now be safefty related if you were to start doing things yourself, Re the issues to date.

Could be one of the thermostats, or one of the microswitchs on the diverter valve, best bet would be get someone experienced with these boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grant Combi - DHW Not maintaining temp. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of refurbishing my bathroom. I'll be replacing the existing bath with a walk in shower. Will be installing a thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Hello. I wonder if someone can help. We have noticed 2 issues in our house over the last couple of weeks . We have a Glow Worm Ultracom 24cxi...
Replies
Views
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock