Search the forum,

Discuss Glowworm HXI F1 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

illloyd3

Gas Engineer
Hi had a GW HXI 18 no power, checked main switch, board fuse ok , changed PCb powers up working fine but customer says now has intermittent F1 fault mainly first thing in morning, i have checked correct voltage to Gas valve checked electrodes, leads, igniter ??? as valve a little buzzie and clonking a bit when opening made a call to replace, was working a treat,then nx morning had a call, yep F1 from cold ???

cant see that i have missed anything GW tech just as baffled.

any ideas much appreciated

cheers Leon

It's obviously an intermittent fault, so just either got to try and catch it doing it or replace a part with an educated guess. GW technical are going to be next to useless if it's working when your there.
Maybe ask the customer to turn off the boiler overnight and go round first thing?
If your inlet, working pressure and combustion settings are all ok I would start with cheapest parts like spark gen or electrode if you have no luck catching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm HXI F1 fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock