Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Glowworm 30cxi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave1

hi all, went to a b/d on fri.... boiler was constantly running with no demand chucking the hot water down the c/h. my 1st thought was actuactor head or flow switch stuck. i disconnected all these but it continues to still fire up...
So my next thought is pcb, also the digital display just reads the pressure even if i adjust the stats it doesnt change which it should, has any of you guys had this before. thanks

i disconnected the cable to that would that not have eliminated that? im going back this week so ill let you know what the outcome is....

went back today and..........
changed pcb..... then the actuator head as it was not motoring..... worked out the boiler was stuck in pre-heat mode due to a stat not being fitted to the pipe correctly, when it was in pre-heat the heated water was going straight down the flow.... this was due to someone removing the diverter and not putting it back properly it had just fallen apart so refitted that properly to then find heating demand intermittent due to loose connection on clock.... after that everything worked fine!! what a nightmare i think a butcher had tried to repair it before me!!??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm 30cxi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Couple similar but not same threads - my plumber is coming back (again) to try to sort the seemingly intermittent leak on my Glowworm...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock