Discuss Glow Worm Flexicom loop valve help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Yesterday I drained down my water system and when I went to re-pressure the sytem the fill loop valve is stuck and will not open. I have removed the handle grey handle and managed to use a spanner to turn it but still no joy. If I remove the silver hose and open other valve there is water flow.

Is there any way to re-pressure the system,

Can the silver hose be moved to the other side,

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    721 KB · Views: 21
closed ok but won't open...a very simple mechanism so something physical has to be inside the pipe so as not to be able to rotate back...as this is improbable (it would have to be introduced) then the logical explanation is 1. turning the wrong way 2. The non-return element in working in both directions (impossible)

Hi All

Yesterday, found a place on line who were local to me ( Euro Bolier Parts | Largest Supplier of Boiler Spares in the UK (euroboilerparts.co.uk)) who had this in stock so went and picked up from them.

Removed the valve and could see it was physically opening. With it removed opened both valves but still no flow trough it. Replaced with a new part and before fitting opened up to verify and had flow through.

Fitted on to boiler and all done so now all back to normal.

Reply to Glow Worm Flexicom loop valve help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
If you are qualified to do a Gas Safety check on a property I assume that entails checking the boiler. If, when checking a Combi, you notice the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Have a Glow worm Flexicom 30cx-Installed 2010 and regaularly serviced. Last service October 21. Works fine, with no issues. However it has...
Replies
Views
I
  • Question
Hello everyone, I have a glow-worm 24ci which was working fine and has now decided that it doesn't want to heat the water. By this I mean that...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock