Discuss Glow Worm 30cxi- No Display in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stings27

Gas Engineer
Hi all.

Posted this thread on the public forum but it got closed due to me not having 'Yellow Badge'
Anyway, problem solved... it was the PCB (£187.43 + ) :whatchutalkingabout
Googled problem and found this on you tube...... http://youtu.be/hkRNinKJUbs
E-mailed link to customer and she told me this was exactly what was happening.
Just thought i'd share it with you. :smile5:

Too late to help the OP I know, but it's caused by a failed diode usually after the power supply has been interrupted, and sometimes warming the RHS of the pcb with a hairdryer will cure it..........

Last edited:
I know I'm new to the forum rules too, and £187 for a PCB group service must be coining it in lol.............

Last edited:
And for good reason. You've proven that you're a gsr, there are idiots out there who haven't the intelligence to realise that they're messing about with something that they shouldn't be. Hence the closure before too much info is given.

And iirc I actually offered to move and reopen the thread once you had your yellow badge.

Too late to help the OP I know, but it's caused by a failed diode usually after the power supply has been interrupted, and sometimes warming the RHS of the pcb with a hairdryer will cure it..........

well **** me fella!
did that today, took all of 10 mins and she fired up and earnt me £40 for 20 mins in and out. ;)
thought you were taking the piscatorials lol.
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow Worm 30cxi- No Display in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This is a long shot-( this post was originally sent to StevethePlumber but I havent heard back from him as yet) I have a glow worm ultimate ff...
Replies
Views
hi, Im looking at a glow worm ultracom 18hxi that heats up to mid 70s/80s works for about 20 mins, then goes into low gas mode (one flame on...
Replies
Views
Hello folks. I have a 12-year-old Glow Worm 30cxi combi powering hot water and central heating. The analogue timer clock packed up recently and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Evening all First off a big hello from a sparky to all you fellow Plumbers/Gas Engineers out there. I'm not here to say who's better than who...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock