Discuss Glow worm 30CXI F1 fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewat66

Gas Engineer
Hi All,
Attended a breakdown today on Glowworm 30CXI. Boiler started to go through the start up sequence, when igniting I was getting a spark for 1 second or so then boiler went into lockout and F1 code appeared. The manual stated gas supply, igniter issues etc. I have checked the gas supply to the valve, all fine, on ignition I was getting 24v to the spark generator for about a second to try and eliminate the pcb. I am thinking that the gas valve is faulty as when I checked the outlet pressure I was getting a negative reading. Am I correct in this thinking?
Thanks
Kewat66

My first thoughts would be aps then fan speed if not possible board

Your outlet pressure will be negative on these boilers. They're zero governor. The spark electrodes on these are unreliable and have had the design changed slightly. They're a bit of a pain to change, you'll need a socket set, but I would be tempted to start there first as they're low cost.

Your outlet pressure will be negative on these boilers. They're zero governor. The spark electrodes on these are unreliable and have had the design changed slightly. They're a bit of a pain to change, you'll need a socket set, but I would be tempted to start there first as they're low cost.
Agree with arran, I've had problems with these new set of electrodes & lead usely sort it

Hi All,
i replaced the igniter and lead and all worked for 2 weeks. Got a call the other day saying same fault code and same problem. Any other thoughts?
Thanks
kewat66

Steady inlet pressure on start up? Condensate trap blocked, high and low flue gas readings set up correctly. That's probably the most likely thing, have had that a few times on that boiler.

Shed of a boiler!
First thing I would be doing is have look inside any signs moisture that would indicate burner gasket issues or collector seal issues.
Check burner gasket good and burner/heat exchanger in ok condition.
Check good/steady working pressure at boiler.
Check max/min CO and gas rate correct.
Check electrodes (5mm gap) & lead in good nick & pushed in fully(had that before)
Check condensate is clear.
Check flue seals/etc good.
Not getting a continuous spark on ignition could be spark gen unit.
If all above checks out would be leaning towards the board.

Hi,
yes I changed the ignition electrode and lead. All worked fine for a few weeks?
kewat66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm 30CXI F1 fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock