Discuss Getting Qualified in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lukejarmain

Basically I have finished my city and guilds and I need to do my NVQ Iv been trying none stop to get a apprenticeship but am having no luck. Was wondering is there any other way of doing a nvq? All help will be appreciated Regards Luke

What things have you been doing? I'm in the same position as you and the only way I can see around it is offer your services for free. In fact I've just printed out some cvs and letters asking for work experience on an unpaid basis. Let us know how you get on!

Basically I have finished my city and guilds and I need to do my NVQ Iv been trying none stop to get a apprenticeship but am having no luck. Was wondering is there any other way of doing a nvq? All help will be appreciated Regards Luke

nvq is a city and guilds. do you mean youve done your tech cert?

What things have you been doing? I'm in the same position as you and the only way I can see around it is offer your services for free. In fact I've just printed out some cvs and letters asking for work experience on an unpaid basis. Let us know how you get on!
Iv just been emailing ringing and posting c.v to every plumber I can find. I have also tryed doing it for free but every plumber I seem to speak to say I can't do it for free. What have u been trying?

Would help if you said where you were located. You never know someone on here maybe able to help.

Lol that's a good idea. I'm in sheerness in kent if any one is willing to take on. I am willing to commute as have own transport.

I take it you have done your level 2 C&G Cert good for you...now the next thing you need to do is get yaself your level 3 try all the colleges see what they are offering google all the plumbers in your area send them your CV. get as much work experience under ya belt as you can you can do it just dont give up you are more than half way there, start putting your name about get your pals to get you jobs off there family ect...

Best of luck

kev

I'm currently doing my level 2 technical certificate at college was thinking of offering to work for free at the end of the course to get my NVQ to enable me to do the level 3 course. After reading this thread it's looking pretty grim. Also, I'm in my forties which will probably make it harder. I can't believe it, it's probably easier to become a fighter pilot then a plumber ...

I take it you have done your level 2 C&G Cert good for you...now the next thing you need to do is get yaself your level 3 try all the colleges see what they are offering google all the plumbers in your area send them your CV. get as much work experience under ya belt as you can you can do it just dont give up you are more than half way there, start putting your name about get your pals to get you jobs off there family ect...Best of luckkev
At the college I'm currently at I can't do my level 3 until I have got my NVQ 2 or so I have been told

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting Qualified in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do...
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Hi I am Tony and I qualified as a gas engineer last March but I have only just fitted my first boiler today. I converted a heat only to a combi. I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock